- December 12, 2021
- Posted by: Robert Brown
- Category: Investing
ESET smart security or anti-virus program will automatically scan programs and memory at start-up. This is set by default and in most cases it is an essential part in protecting your computer. But it may come at a price as your system start-up may get bogged down due to this scanning process. There are many reasons for this happening, such as you may have conflicting programs set to run at start up or have limited amount of memory.
You cannot cancel the start-up scan once it has started in the background, but there is a solution to stop the start-up scan from running in the first place by disabling the scan. Below are the steps you need to follow in order to stop the scan process:
- Open the main program window from the programs menu by clicking Start -> All Programs -> ESET -> ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus
- Another option is to open the main program using the ESET tray icon
- If the Display mode is set to Standard Mode, then change it to Advanced Mode by clicking on the Change… link at the bottom left side of the interface.
- Once you are in advance mode, click on Tools from the left side panel.
- From the drop-down list click on Scheduler. Here you will see a list of scheduled programs and there execution frequency. De-select Automatic start-up file check and finally close the window.
Now the start-up scan has been disabled and will not execute the next time you boot your computer. Disable the scan only if there is a noticeable drop in the performance in you computer.